Virtual Reality in Geoinformatics
2017-Today: Hash Geocoding Based Data Model of Multi-granularity Spatio-temporal Object for Pan-spatial Information System
- I supervised nine master students to conduct the research in Hash Geocode project. This study intends to start from the data organization structure and study the multi-granular spatio-temporal object data model in the Pan Spatial Information System based on Hash geocoding. The model divides the global surface to the molecular scale, and builds a multi-level plaintext Hash-based geocoding to index data and storage nodes according to spatial location.
2015--2017: EPSRC(EP/M013685/1): Open3D: Collaborative Editing for 3D Virtual Worlds
- The project website is as in https://open3dproject.wordpress.com/
2012--2015: 3D Shenzhen city based on WebVRGIS
2010: 3D real-time visualization of the data under the seabed in an integrated network environment
- A seabed stratum 3D visualization platform which build seabed stratum 3D model from seismic wave points data and visualize in palisade figure, thematic maps and support some analysis functions.
2008--2010: 3D dynamic intelligent network landscape map based on SOA architecture
- A framework for multi-dimensional GIS data display and analysis network system based on SOA architecture. It supports PC and android phone.
2007--2010: WebVR-GIS Engine: an engine integrating Virtual reality geographical environment and avatar on IE web browser. The applications include:
- Web-based 3D digital simulation of the landscape map of Fengxian Chief Community
- Web-based 3D digital simulation of the landscape map of Leshan Giant Buddha Travel Community
2007--2009: Real-time interactive 3D simulation development platform for online virtual communities
- Based on WebVR-GIS engine, and suitable for a variety of web browsers to run Real-time 3D network.
Virtual Reality in Bioinformatics
2010--2011: Unity3D game engine is employed to develop a molecular 3D visualization platform.
- Several approaches to represent atom and bond such as built-in ball, particle system, GPU Shader are implemented and compare
- Some visualization functions, such as secondary structure, electric field lines and some analysis functions are created
- The work could also enhance the teaching approach of bioinformatics course, the students from Paris 7 University are learning molecular docking structure by 3d visualization of UnityMol framework:
- The video of UnityMol can access from Youtube
- A case DEMO can currently be tested at Link
- More information on Link
Virtual Reality in Medicine and Rehabilitation
2014--2015 EU FP7 ITN: LanPercept - Language and Perception
- Game based dysphonic rehabilitation tool;
- Evaluation of Kinect2 based balance measurement;
- Using virtual reality glasses in hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
HCI for Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality
2012--2014: Research and implement augmented reality on smart phone;
- Football game with foot interaction by smartphone camera on android, video can access from Youtube
- Finger in Air: Touch-less interaction approach on smartphone, video can access from Youtube
- 3D reconstruction and Stereoscopic 3D video based on SFM (Structure from motion);
- Exploring application of 3D points cloud from Kinect.
2018--2019: Horizon 2020 ERC Advanced grant(742989) Moments in Time in Immersive Virtual Environments.
- Super-resolution and Deblur of screenshot from live video
- Face reconstruction from single image